One year ago my world shook.
My heart burned with fear and sadness.
I closed my eyes and prayed like I had never prayed before.
I asked why, I took blame.
I asked for a miracle.
He sent me a tiny baby boy.
Part of my miracle came.
His broken heart was healed.
Then my God blessed a man.
His blessed hands were able to do this.
My heart still at times weighs heavy.
I still feel bits of guilt and blame.
I still pray, I still have faith.
I know this;
"For our light affliction,
which is but for a moment,
worketh for us a far more
exceeding and eternal weight of glory."
2 Cor 4:17
2 comments:
Do you look at before pictures and miss the way your baby looked? I sometimes do. When I first found out about his cleft I was so upset, but after he was born he was just my baby. I was actually kind of sad when it was time for his first surgery.
Oh that was beautiful. He is absolutely beautiful- in both pictures :)
Post a Comment