Monday, November 24, 2008

Ironman

A few weeks ago we purchased Michael his very first pair of eyeglasses. He looks so cute and he has been very good about wearing them all the time. Today he came home from school and he didn't have them on.

Me-Michael where are your glasses?

M-In my backpack.

Me-Why aren't they on your face? (I'm opening the case at this point.)

M-I...I...they...don't fit...right?

Me-(While holding an oddly shaped pair of glasses) What happened?

M-I bent them.

Me-I can see that, how?

M-I held them like this and squeezed. (His hands are on the side of the lenses.)

Me-I think you should go upstairs...right now...I need to think about this for a while.

M-I'm going to hide now.

Me-Don't hide cause we are going to talk about this.

M-Okay.

I spent the next half an hour, fuming, thinking, then laughing at the situation. He's six. When we bought him the glasses I fully expected to be replacing them at some point. I however didn't expect that he would test his Ironman strength on them. Thankfully the nice lady at Costco was able to shape them back to fit his face.

No comments: