Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thank You

I have often written little notes to my kids that I send in their lunch boxes. I even do this for my husband cause who doesn't like a little love note or kind words from your Mom? Monday this week I slipped a little note in their lunch kids and sent them off for the day. Becca came home with hers but Michael didn't. No big deal, my daughter keeps everything and knowing Michael he lost it.
Today while picking up the kids from school, Michael's teacher asked to talk to me in private. She takes me to her desks and shows me the note that I had wrote him. She goes on the tell me that there were two Mom's in the class yesterday and that they both pointed to the piece of paper and told her she HAD to look at it. She wonders over to his desks and on the back of my little note he printed: fack you.

Yep, clearly and in his best printing...fack you.

I wanted to DIE. We don't say those things in our house! Where did he learn this and why was he writing it down??

His teacher then explained how she was ready to haul his little butt down to the principle office. She then read it again. Using her pure grade one teacher cool, calm and collected persona she had this conversation:

T-Michael, what does this say?
M-Thank you
T-Oh, what does thank you start with?
M-F

So you see, my son isn't a cursing grade one terrorist. I have kept the little note. It will be shown proudly right beside Becca's Princess Leia from pre-school.

No comments: