Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Making the World a Better Place

I have entered a contest and one of the rules was to post on my blog on how I was making a difference.
So what have I done?

I have made sandwiches for the Calgary Drop In Center.
I have volunteered many hours at my daughters ballet studio.
I have and currently volunteering at my church, doing various things.
I am doing "Secret Santa" for a family this Christmas. (The Mom has very bad cancer.)
I do lots for my parents and family members.
I have cleaned some of my friends' houses when they were unable to.
I give away baked goods when I bake something at home.
I spend at least one day a month at my kids school listening to kids read.
I have mowed my neighbors lawn.
I have shoveled the snow from my neighbors driveways and sidewalks.

The biggest thing that I do to make the world a better place is by being a good parent. I didn't say perfect parent, but I am a good one.

No comments: