Monday, June 8, 2009

Baby Steps

I have posted ultrasound pictures on Facebook however I have left out this one. Here is a picture that shows our babies bilateral cleft lip. I am still having a hard time with all of this but there are more good days than bad ones. I'm taking baby steps. People and friends are finding out and it is hard to answer people when they ask how the baby is doing. I never know if they have heard the "gossip" or if they are just asking to be nice. It doesn't make a difference, he is fine. He is a normal little baby with a few extra heart sounds and a lip/mouth that did quite get enough time to fuse together. We have another ultrasound next week so hopefully we will get some good news and get a few more pictures.







Keep in mind he is 23 weeks at this point and I apologise that he is laying sideways. I tried to rotate the picture but it distorted it and made it look all wrong. So turn your head, go on. Cute eh? Okay the big black space is filled with his big wonderful brain. The two eye spaces do have eyeballs in them, trust me. I saw that during my last ultrasound and it was more creepy than the empty look. If you look at the bottom of his face you can see his chin. In between the eyes and the chin you can see his little nose and then his lips. From the upper lip to his nose are two dark lines that run up his face. This would be his bilateral cleft. The big large "ball" at the bottom (or right) of the face is his belly. His little fists are close to his chin and he is giving us the evil eye for spying on him and taking a look at this man bits.

So put up your dukes, this ones a real fighter.

1 comment:

The Five Millington's said...

Hey, with his fists already made, I think he is letting us know that he's coming out fighting!

Oh, and his round tummy is the cutest!