Driving my van around the city with my three kids in the back usually goes without any problems. We go to and from the school, bus stop, trailer, ballet, taekwondo, and to do our many errands. Today was no exception. We got to Taekwondo without any problems and while Michael was doing his class I headed to the area Subway for a tasty pizza sub loaded with jalapenos. This happens to be the tastiest thing I have had in quite sometime and I can't get enough of them. Maybe it's the nitrates, cause they have the same effect on me as my ever coveted 7-11 hot dogs.
On the way home I got the strongest indigestion I have yet to experience. No it didn't come from the food, it was my two 7 year olds in the back of the van. My sweet little innocent Becca asked me, "Mom what is puck"? I couldn't believe my what my ears were hearing from my little lady. It was then Michael who joined in and said "Ya Mom, what does puck mean". So I explained that this wasn't a nice word and it was a swear word that we should never use. ( I am sure that it goes without saying that the word wasn't puck, but another four letter word.) I told them that it didn't really mean anything and people who use bad words say it. I asked where they had heard it and sure enough, it was at school. I told them how happy I was that they asked me what a word ment before they started using it and now that they know what it means they arn't to say it. Becca was sure surprised that it was even a "badder" word that stupid or shut up.
I wasn't and still not prepared for my kids to start to loose that innocence that I have tried to protect them from.
Needless to say, I still have the indigestion.
No comments:
Post a Comment