Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Over Stuffed

I've been catching up on some much needed mending. Nothing exciting, just some pant hems, replacing lost buttons, sewing up the occasional stuffy. I thought I had got it all done last night until today when Michael brought me his "Tiggie Wiggie". It's an old stuffy that he has been sleeping with for years. The poor beast has lost an eye and a few months ago Daniel took all the stuffing out of it's head. I was just hoping that we could toss it, no such luck. Michael now hides it up on his bunk bed and I barley ever see the thing.
After handing it to me I was quite surprised to see it's current condition. Let me tell you, is it stuffed and Michael is so proud on how good it feels. He is excited to have a button sewn on so it has two eyes again. When I asked him were he got the stuffing from Michael told me he found it under his bed. I knew that this had to be a tall tail as I threw out the mess of stuffy guts after Daniel got to it.
I didn't think to much of it until I went in his room to say prayers and kiss him goodnight.

The corner of Michael's pillow has a huge hole chewed out of the corner and it surprisingly is missing some of its fluff. Needless to say, he felt bad for lying and his parents have enjoyed a good laugh.

No comments: