I used to believe that the only stupid question was one that wasn't asked. I have changed my mind. Years ago when my twins were born the nurse in the hospital asked what they were. "A boy and a girl". She then asked if they were identical. "Uh, no. They are a boy and a girl". It took a while but she clued in and felt very embarrassed. I waved it off as something funny and maybe she was having a blond day.
Then the other night I took Matthew into the corner store with me to get a pop. The clerk was nice and wanted to see him and of course noticed his cleft. We chatted for a bit about it and then it came. Another stupid question, "Did you fall down when you were pregnant?" Really?? I would think that if I had fallen down it would have been me with the split lip, not the baby I was carrying. I looked at her for a while hoping that she wasn't serious, but she was. I politely said no and paid for my pop. Once in the car all I could do was shake my head then laugh.
1 comment:
Oh my goodness!! That is one I have never heard. I heard the one about going out during the full moon with my little guy. So many old wives tales out there.
Post a Comment