Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Is Today Monday??

This morning I broke the side mirror on my van.  That's what I get for watching Canada's Worst Driver last night.  That show sure makes me laugh, except I wasn't laughing this morning.  
Then I spent the next few hours talking on the phone with the hospital trying to get Matthew's nurse to calm down about his weight.  Babies tend to gain about 24 grams a day.  Matthew gains 13 grams a day.  I don't get it, if he is gaining then shouldn't we just back off and let the poor kid be?  The conversation ended with me in tears and my feet dug in.  I will not add the powdered formula to his breast milk or liquid formula to give him extra calories.  He doesn't like it and won't eat it.  We tried this before and he stopped drinking breast milk for over a week.  The Alimentum formula he's on for his allergy is the only option besides breast milk.  So why would I mess with it?  So with that we have yet again butted heads and I am so tired of fighting.  I now have extra appointments next week so that the clinic pediatrician can see him.  I'm tired of doctors appointments.  I'm tired of paying for parking at a hospital cause that's where his doctors and clinics are.  I'm tired. 

2 comments:

The Five Jacksons said...

I'm so sorry! It is draining, but you are doing an amazing job. You know him best. It is frustrating when they base it on numbers - you know the person. Congratulations for standing up for what's best for Matthew! Keep being such a great mom.

Sharae Antley and Alana Bourque said...

try to keep your chin up...if it is any comfort to you my kids (doug and sharae) were always setting the health nurses off with their lack of weight gain. Guess what they are small, but very healthy. Sharae's little Lexi is just 20 lbs 2 ounces and is two years old...just small. I remember the doctor putting Doug Jr on this stuff to increase his appetite, made no difference, and just stressed me out. By the time Sharae came around I had learned how to ignore them and simply worry about whether or not they were healthy.