Thursday, November 19, 2009

Tears

Matthew was hungry after waking from his nap so I warmed up a bottle and start to head back up to the bonus room to feed him.  Daniel decided that he would stay downstairs and watch TV.  I turned on his favorite show when I noticed the dog was at the back door so with Matthew crying I opened the back door and left it open so that he could come and go.  It was nice enough out and I often will do this during the summer.  While sitting in my chair upstairs I could hear Daniel playing and singing along to his show.  I got distracted feeding my little monkey and it wasn't too long before he was done and I took out my pumping stuff.  I got myself all hooked up when I hear Daniel crying.  It was then I got that sick feeling, it was to far away, where was he??  I unhook myself and run down stairs to see my little boy standing on the deck in the backyard.  He had gone out then closed the sliding door.  He couldn't have been out there more than 20 minutes but his feet and hands were so cold and to top it off he was having an asthma attack.  Sitting with Daniel on my lap for the next half and hour wrapped in a blanket I was so thankful.  I know that it was by the grace of God that his little breathless cries made it through that door, across the house and up the stairs to the bonus room.  Tonight all my babies are safe.  They are all tucked into bed and I am shedding grateful tears.

1 comment:

Sheers said...

Doesn't it make you grateful that we know God is looking out for us? A very scary moment I'm sure...I know I've had moments like that. I'm glad everybody is safe and that you can hug those babies!