While out at our local home improvement store today I was approached by an elderly lady. She was pushing her cart past mine which held Matthew in his car seat. The other three where sitting around two small tables enjoying a late lunch.
Our conversation went something like this:
Are all these kids with you?
Yes, these beautiful kids belong to me.
Your the Mother to all these kids?
Yes, I am their proud Mother.
Well you sure have your hands full.
She then told me to have a good afternoon and she walked away.
This is a typical conversation between curious strangers and I. Usually I don't think twice about it however this lady got me thinking. Yes, I am the Mother to four great kids. I am very proud of my children and the are used to being in public and behave very well. We are not immune from the odd melt down but for the most part, we hardly ever have problems.
So to this lady and others who ask, my hands are not full...my arms are. They are the best huggers, the sweetest kissers, and my greatest joys.
1 comment:
This is awesome. It just so happens that my 2 girls cause me to have melt downs often, but when I stop and think about it---I wouldn't have it any other way. They are great kids. And today (mother's day--happy to you) in church, my youngest just kept kissing me and kissing me and my oldest just hugged me. It was great!
Post a Comment