We have had quite the eventful house. It started a few weeks ago when I happen to get yet another plugged duct. (I'm pumping milk for Matthew since he is not able to breast feed.) So take my word for it, if your doctor comes in and says she's going to use a large needle to drain out the infection...its going to hurt. The bonus is it clears up really fast and doesn't hurt like a son of a gun. ;)
Matthew had an appointment with his cleft team at the children's hospital. Everything was going well until his ears started to drain clear fluid. So after failing his hearing test again, they gave him some drops. 5 days later he had gross green pus coming out of his ear. It happened at church so I decided to wait until the morning so that I could call his surgeon who put his tubes in to look at him rather than some one different. The good news is tubes are still in place and everything is looking good.
Becca had a cold with a mild cough. She didn't get too sick and bounced back really quickly. That's my girl, doesn't seem to miss a beat unless she is super ugly sick.
Michael managed to one up his sister and got strep. He then ended up have a severe allergic reaction to the antibiotic and ended up with hives covering his whole body and facial swelling. The poor boy even had hives in his mouth. He spent a couple of hours at the hospital getting dose after dose of medication to reduce the allergic reaction. We got the lovely lecture from the ER doctor that we need to call an ambulance the next time he gets a bad reaction like this. I'm just hoping that he doesn't have a next time.
Daniel must have been feeling left out of the loop of sickies cause he now has strep and pneumonia. He is just in the beginning of his ordeal and we are waiting to see how bad his chest x ray is. The poor boy is quite ill and spends most of the day on the couch with his monster truck.
I can't leave DH out of the blog...he had his gout flair up in his ankle and has been limping around.
I think that we have had our share now so I have spent the day cleaning like mad to try and rid our house of any remaining germs trying to hang out. I would really like to get my hands on some of those CaviWipes, you know the super germ killer ones they have at the hospital. They probably would be safer than my home made water/bleach spray bottle I carefully take around my house. (I have dark blue carpet through out the house so I have nightmares about spilling it. Can you imagine, YIKES!)
No comments:
Post a Comment