Friday, April 9, 2010

12 Hour Protection??

I was out to supper with my kids, my parents, and one of my sisters and her family.  We ate at a family dinning place and everyone was having a good time.  Matthew was getting a little fussy so I took him out of his chair and held him on my lap while I ate my food.  He was happy to be sitting their playing with my napkin and the straw from my drink.  Daniel needed to use the washroom so I handed Matthew to my Mom and followed Daniel.  He was half way to the ladies room when I noticed that he didn't have his shoes on.  He had taken them off and I knew that we didn't have time to put them back on before he did his business.  While in the washroom I noticed that my pants were feeling a little damp where Matthew was sitting and that he probably needed a change.  I returned Daniel to his seat and pick up Matthew and the diaper bag.  I layed Matthew on the change table only to come to the realization that Matthew was in bad shape.  Lets just say the diaper was full to capacity and there was no way that this diaper could last the full 12 hours the manufacture had advertised.  Oh and the leakage protection they promised, well they lied.  Matthew was not able to wear this sleeper anymore so I plunged my hand into the diaper bag searching for clean clothes.  None.  Crap.  Now what.  So I cleaned him up using all but four of his baby wipes and came out with my poor baby in a clean diaper and a blanket.
I gently urged the other kids to quickly finish eating and I didn't dare look around to see if anyone had noticed my naked baby. 
Lets just say in this case one had no shoes, one had no shirt,  but at thankfully we did get great service.



 

No comments: