Just about a month ago I got a call from the lady who leads our church Cub pack. Michael's first day of cubs was to fall on the Cub Car Rally night and she invited Michael to start coming a few weeks earlier so that he could work on his car. Michael was so excited and was funny to watch the first time he put on his cub shirt. I caught him in front of the hall mirror saluting his reflection. You could see just how proud he was of his uniform and how dignified he thought he looked. I will admit that it stung to see my little baby looking all grown up.
Well tonight was the big event. Micheal weighed in his car, got his number and was ready to have his "Stingray" take it's first trip down the ramp. I cringed as I watched his car jump off the track crashing into the gym floor. It was at that point that I started to prep the conversation we would have on the way home, you know the one where I tell him that he should be proud of all the hard work he put into his car, and that someone has to be last.
Well people, he didn't come in last...
HE CAME IN FIRST PLACE!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment