Last Sunday our kids had their Sacrament meeting presentation and I was so happy when my dear husband asked the kids of he could come and watch them. I was something he did on his own and it meant alot to me. Our twins were stunning and Daniel was so cute. This was his first presentation so he was quite reserved. After we dropped the kids off at their primary classes and I took Hubs home. While in the car for the 5 minute trip Matthew fell asleep so I held him in my arms in the lobby instead of going to class. After awhile he woke up and was restless so I decided to take him into the nursery. The nursery is a class designed for children aged 18 months to 3 years old. It's a laid back type of atmosphere where the kids get to play, have a small lesson, eat a light snack and maybe do a craft. Matthew is 18 months in February so I thought it would be interesting to see his reaction to the other kids. He was so small crawling around the floor happy to play with different things. The beach ball was a hit and I'm sure he would have kept it a little longer if it wasn't snagged by another little kid.
Watching the other kids play, especially another little girl Matthew's age I really started to wonder if nursery was a good idea for him. He is delayed and I don't really notice it until we get around kids his age. There are times when I know his delays could cause a problem. Take for example snack time. The kids sit around a little mini table with little mini chairs. They get a snack, usually cheese, apple slices, and a cracker or cookie on a paper towel. They also get a small paper cup of water to drink. Matthew will eat the paper towel. He can't sit on his bum he sits on his knees, so the chair will be a problem. He doesn't walk, he doesn't talk, he can't drink well from a cup, he can't feed himself his bottle, he is still such a "baby".
I know that we have several months before he gets to go and alot of development can happen during this time. I'm hoping that he, okay that I will be ready for him to go when the time comes.
No comments:
Post a Comment