Friday, November 5, 2010

Remember

While out camping this year we took the kids to a provincial historical site.  There was a small hike around the parameter so we grabbed the kids and one old squeaky stroller for Daniel.  We had stopped at one of the information signs along the path and while the twins read it out loud for Daniel I turned and saw this:



I was completely amazed at what my eyes were seeing.  This picture was taken with my iPhone and I was so glad it turned out good.  It is something I want to look at over and over again.

Not long down this path in a small clearing of trees and bushes was this plaque. 



Wow, the tears of gratitude came to my eyes and I was short of breath.  This year Remembrance Day seems to be a little more special, a little more close to my heart.

Maybe it because without the service men and women of this country I could enjoy moments like this.




Thank you.

1 comment:

The Five Jacksons said...

What a nice blog. Thank you for the touching reminder.