Sunday, January 9, 2011

Out with the old, In with the new.

It seems remarkable to me that another year has passed and we are now facing a brand new one.  Our Christmas was nice and we spent the holidays with extended family and nursing a few coughs and colds.  Luckily nothing to serious but it did put a few little ones in a cranky mood for a few days.  I was so happy to have the kids home and playing with each other.  They are all such good friends but by the end of it they were all ready to get back into the old routine.  Having them all at home and wearing regular clothing it sure reminded my why I LOVE school uniforms!  Before they all headed back to school I had 14 loads of laundry, yes I said 14.  I couldn't believe it, granted I did have 2 loads of towels and a load of bedding but seriously 14.  It took me forever to get it all done.  Another epiphany is that my kids need to help out Mom a little more around the house.  They are really great when I ask them to do things but lately it just seemed like all I have been doing is nagging.  So I put the old Excel skills to use and made a chore chart for the kids.  It has gone over really well and I feel so much better not nagging the kids everyday.  They see what is on the chart and go and do it.  Child labour, it's bliss.  hehehe

No comments: