I can't believe it has been so long since I last posted anything on here. It would seem my poor blog has suffered some serious neglect this past year. Yikes, time to get my butt in gear.
Life in our home has been rather busy lately. The kids are winding down the school year and it always seem to bring a whack load of extra stuff for me. Tonnes of field trips, special lunches, class potlucks, memory books, soccer, ballet etude... I am SO excited to have the kids home and ALL MINE for the next two months. We get to "fly by the seat of our pants" and have fun. Yippee!!
We do have a few things coming up that will effect our usually camp until we drop but we should get lots of trailer time and I can't wait.
Kid run down:
Rebecca
She has finished another year of dance and completed her RAD ballet exam with distinction. This is the highest level you can achieve and I am so proud of my little dancer. She still has such a passion for ballet and amazes me with her dedication. She is growing up so fast and she is now sporting her first pair of "heels". She still likes to spend lots of time with me and she is such a big helper. She had her eyes tested again and she does require glasses. So this summer we will be spending time looking for the perfect pair. Shopping with her is sometimes not so fun. Like a true woman she changes her mind a gazzion times before she settles on the finial option. Sigh, wish me luck. ;) She has an amazing desire to attend church and to read her scriptures. I will often catcher her reading them and it makes my heart smile. Rebecca also will clean and organize her room without me having to ask. She takes pride in her book shelf and calls it her library. She even makes her brothers sign out books. She is starting to help me cook and likes to help me cut the vegetables.
Michael
He played another season of soccer this year and it was a rough go in the beginning. After awhile he really has started to enjoy and have fun. Its good to see him make new friends and all those worries of him not being social as a toddler are out the window. He makes friends easily and has great phone mannerisms. He has done really well in school this last term and finished strong. He is reading at a grade 4 and 11 months reading level. He loves to read and loves history just like his dad. Michael has become such a great brother to Daniel and it is nice to see them play together. It seems like the fighting and head butting between them has slowed down. He loves his dogs and is convinced he's a great dog trainer.
Daniel
Boy, where to start with Daniel. He is my everyday joy, he is so fun to be around. He makes me laugh and comes up with some humdinger things sometimes. He also played soccer this year and had so much fun. He was the smallest little guy on his team but that didn't hold him back. He quickly made friends and the bigger kids quickly started to help him and protect him on the field. He was able to score in one game and was so proud. He was always keen to play and would often ask me if it was a soccer day. Daniel is getting ready for kindergarten in the fall and is excited to go to school with the older kids. His uniform looks so funny on him as he is still so tiny. He is excited to go camping and giggles every time we talk about going to the trailer.
Matthew
It's hard to believe that we will be celebrating his 2nd birthday soon. He is doing so well and I am so thankful to have the support of the hospital. His language development is doing really will and he talks up a storm. He says; Mommy, Becca, Daniel, Michael, Teika, Drink, Blankie, Help me, Up, More, Eat, Stinky, Crappy, Car, Choo Choo, No, Yes, Coming, Lets go, and many other things. We are working on building strength in his legs and arms. He still tends to be quite week but things are getting better. He is cutting lots of teeth and we are waiting for his bottom canine to complete the bottom row. He is still missing two teeth on the top where his cleft is so that is still a mystery if he will or where he will get them. There isn't any room so hopefully if they do come they won't cause too much problems. He did get his formal allergy testing done and it was confirmed that he has a dairy protein allergy so we are now trying to get funding for a special milk for him.
Me
I have been on a emotional rollercoaster the last little while and have had major problems to deal with. I don't want to put it on my blog as it is quite personal and I don't feel this is the place to talk about it. I have done allot of praying and was even able to attend the temple which helped allot. I am feeling allot better about the issue and am still focused on bettering the situation. In addition to this problem I was let go from my job. That alone was tough and I still haven't really talked about it with others. It just didn't work out which saddens me cause I really enjoyed the work, just not the juvenile behaviour that was going on in the office.
No comments:
Post a Comment