Yay for Matthew!!
We have been asked by The Alberta Children's Hospital Foundation if Matthew could come in and do a photo shoot. These pictures would be used in publications, invitations, and promotional advertising.
I am overwhelmed by it all, not the photo shoot or helping out this great organization.
I knew the instance he was placed in my arms that I loved him. His plastic surgeon even told me that he didn't worry about the Mother of a cleft baby, Mothers just love. I was glad he was right, I did love Matthew unconditionally. I loved his cleft, his widesmile, his amazing spirit that fills a room when he shines. Then again I am his Mother.
I have been told over and over by strangers how gorgeous his eyes are. How amazing his lashes are and what a handsome little boy he is. His pre-lip repair pictures are hanging in several rooms at his dentist's procedure rooms. Could others see what I could? I disbelieved and doubted when people commented on his looks. Did they see his scars? Did they know about his cleft, his flattened nose? Were they just being polite but really thinking something different?
I now have changed my outlook, of course people see what I see. They even see beyond what I see. I may still notice the properties that have been defined by his cleft but others see a gorgeous little boy. A little boy so full of life, a survivor, a fighter. So world, look on and see what an amazing little boy he is.
No comments:
Post a Comment