Sunday, November 30, 2008

Train Wreck

Waking up hours before your alarm goes off should automatically issue little warning signals in my brain. I however was oblivious to this fact and just thought I was start tackling the day earlier. I spent a little more time in the shower and was grateful that Daniel was not yet awake to play peek-a-boo from behind the shower curtain. The twins were snug in their beds and my hard working husband was sawing logs. I took the time to even shave my legs knowing that mornings like this don't happen often. Upon exiting the bathroom, ready to dress for church I could hear the twins in the bonus room fighting over something, Daniel was in my bed eating a slice of bread, and hubby was muttering something to the affect of "I can't wait until Monday". I quickly dressed then headed into the closets and pulled out mini suits, dresses, and sweaters for church. After we were all dress (with the exception of Daniel, he dresses after breakfast) we sat around the table eating cereal. I packed my bag, loaded with "lunchables" and toys to entertain the kids while I (try) to listen to the talks being offered during church. As I combed Michael's hair, cleaned his glasses, he attached his CTR pin and then headed off to get his church shoes. Rebecca had her hair braided then ribbons tied at the ends all while Daniel was getting dressed, or so I thought. Hubs calls me to the living room where he shows me Daniel has broken out in hives and can't stop itching his arms, face, and his head. So we give him the usual shot of anti-histamine and kiss hubs goodbye as we head out the door. We were leaving at 10:30am so I was tickled pink that we were making good time. (Church starts at 11:00am and we only live 5 minutes away. What can I say, I have a need to be early for everything.)
Driving to church, I really just was feeling uncomfortable. We pull into the parking lot, I take off my seat belt, making sure my binder is in my hot little hands when...I realized, I'm not wearing a bra. Thank goodness I didn't get out of the car and "bounce" my way into the chapel with my three little munchins in tow. I get the kids to sit back down and buckle up and I drove back home. Hubs was quite shocked to see me run back into the house and asks whats wrong. I "bounce" upstairs where I find my trusty titsling , and come back downstairs. Hubs, here is something you can tease me about...I went to church without a bra.
I left him laughing and still made it to church on time.

I have to get kids into bed but I promise to continue the story of my train wreck later.

No comments: