Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The things Mothers will do.

We are planning a trip. This includes a very expensive excursion for the kids; meaning that I have been doing odd jobs this month to pay for this. This past weekend had me heading out on Saturday night to clean and wax some floors for one of our contracts. I was working with my Dad so it wasn't too labor intensive. I basically crawled around on my hands and knees cleaning out all the corners and tight spaces we couldn't get while standing. Knowing that Saturday would be busy for me, I planned my day around a late afternoon nap in order to keep my eyes peeled open past 6pm. The only thing I didn't plan on was waking up with a really sore throat and swollen glands that made my neck look really, really funny. To top it off I still am getting sick and Saturday morning was one of those morning I tried not to let my family hear me puking my guts out. Non the less I was going to get this work done...our family really would like to do this little holiday.
Here comes the part where the pregnant lady (me) kisses her kids and hubby goodbye at 5:30pm to head to the local Wendy's for a pop. More specifically a diet coke. I don't drink regular pop, haven't for years. I figure I would try my luck at a chicken sandwich and headed off to work. I pull away, feeling not too bad until I taste my drink. Regular coke. The tears poured out of my head. I cried and cried until I spotted a McDonald's. I cleaned off my tears and choked out a simple order of a diet coke, asking them to please make sure it's diet, I say. Guess what not diet. At this point with tears free flowing again I know that I can't go in and ask for them to replace it cause really who cries over things like this? Well, I this pregnant woman does.
After it was all said and done, I couldn't eat the sandwich and didn't have a pop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you even looked pregnant you could have gone in and they would have understood.