Thursday, July 2, 2009

My bags are packed...

Well not my bags but I did do the packing. I dropped my sweet little girl off at her Aunties house today to be taken up to Edmonton to see the Jonas Brothers in concert tonight. Her Grandpa bought all of his little granddaughter's a ticket to see them and my sister was the lucky one chosen to be the parent to take all 7 kids by herself. Afterwards Rebecca will be heading out to the trailer with her Grandparents for a few days. It is pitiful how much crying I have done today. I can't believe that my little girl is going to her first concert and that she will be away from my until Sunday. I can't wait to talk to her tonight and hear all about the concert. She has floor tickets so I'm hoping she won't get trampled!

My boys have been fighting over the one and only Bumblebee transformer in the the house. We have others but they are not the same as Bumblebee. So last night after listening to a week of crying I bought Daniel his very own. The peace that over swept the house was amazing. Both boys are content and they have spent the day playing together without fighting. It has been the best $14 I have spent in a long time.

Our ultrasound went well earlier this week. Our little gift is happy as a clam and still is scoring high on the apgar test. He is showing no signs of heart failure and his heart is still going strong. I got to see his sweet little face, he did have his hands in the way but he was kind enough to move them a bit so we could see part of his cleft. He is weighing about 4.5 lbs and looks good. I am anticipating his birth so that we can iron out the remaining questions surrounding his health. I still continually pray/beg for miracles. I'm not being greedy. I know that some of his problems won't magically disappear but I am hoping that they well be better that what they predict.

I saw my doctor today and I am doing well. They seem to be surprised that my blood pressure is creeping up. It seems like a no brainer to me. My kids are out of school, my little girl just left me for a few days, the baby we're expecting is sick, our vacuum broke, our dryer broke, our brakes in the car need to be done, it's hot... I could go on and on. I think I deserve a little high blood pressure. (Oh, and its not that bad. 128/89)

1 comment:

The Five Jacksons said...

You definitely are allowed a high blood pressure now and again. It would be hard knowing about problems while pregnant. There is so little you can do to help them at that point and it is so hard not to worry. But you sound amazingly positive. I'm sure that is the best thing you can do for your "gift" right now. Take care!