I am currently in the process of trying to figure out how I can tape bags of ice under my clothes so that I can go to church without feeling like passing out. (Nice image right??) This heat has just about done me in and summer is only half way done. Being pregnant hasn't helped much but really I did the whole summer with Daniel and I don't remember feeling this yucky. Maybe that's just the thing, I don't remember.
I have enjoyed having the kids home and not running on a schedule. Michael still has his Taekwondo class during the summer but I really don't mind. It gives me an excuse not to cook some nights. ;) They have had a good time playing outside and playing in their splash pool. I am planning on taking the kids to a movie this week. Give us some time out of the house doing something fun for a change. Most time if we leave it's to run errands or go to a doctors appointment.
They baby is coming along. Initially there was no reason to take the baby early as long as he didn't show any signs of heart failure. I have been every two weeks for a complete ultrasound the past little while but they have now asked me to come every week. Not cause the heart is giving him trouble, but he is running low on amniotic fluid. If it gets any lower they are taking this little guy out. So really any day now he could be coming into this world and our really hectic life will begin. I am 34 weeks and not thrilled about the idea of having him come early. As hot as hotel mommy is, he needs to stay put. So I continue to pray that everything will come to pass as Heavenly Father sees fit.
As I was leaving the clinic the other day I could help but listen to a couple in the elevator talking about their good news. Their baby was healthy, their prayers had been answered.
There it was; the little angry voice inside me that rears it's ugly head once in a while. "Why not my prayers, where are my miracles?" I know the answer. I don't need to question, I have been blessed and will continue to be blessed. He hears and has answered my prayers. They just can't be the way I would like them to be. I would like my son to be born without all these problems and questions. I would like to know that he won't be assigned a syndrome or a genetic condition. What will be, will be. He is my son, mine to raise and watch over. For that I am grateful and can't wait for this family to be complete. I can't wait for my kids to meet their little brother who will need all the love and kisses they can give. I can't wait to see my husband take a nap with our new little man. I can't wait for first smiles, first coos, and all the other firsts.
3 comments:
Beautiful post Amanda. Take heart in that this little man will bless you in ways you probably can't even begin to understand yet.
Another thing to keep in mind is that miracle happen every day, though frequently they aren't healing, or other such "large" ticket items. Watch for them, wait for them, you will see them.
Hi Anonymous, thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. As for my post any parent would ask for the "large" ticket items. I'm only human. As I said in my post, what will be, will be. I have faith and have never nor will I forget what blessings we have already been given.
It surprises me how many people have asked me if I have prayed and asked for my baby to be well...um ya. Even before we knew he was sick I was praying for him, just as I pray for my other kids. :o)
Post a Comment