Our little family has seen some major changes the past few weeks. It wasn't too long ago that my husband and I talked a lot about our future and what kind of changes we needed to undergo to ensure our family will be taken care of. You know, retirement stuff. 9 years ago after the twins were born we decided that my dear husband would work two jobs in order to have me stay at home. It was cost effective at the time as my job didn't pay a salary worth putting two kids into daycare. Fast forward 9 years and 2 more kids, things are starting to look a little different. My husband is tired of working two jobs. I am tired of parenting by myself. So after much prayer I applied for a job that seemed perfect on paper. I have written a 5 hour profiling exam, given an 1.5 hour panel interview, spent 1 week in classroom training, had 3 shift shadows, and now I am done. I am now an Emergency Communications Officer.
I have always loved my job as a mom, I was born to be a mother. It was all I ever wanted. I still would love to be able to stay home full time but the times are a changing, so I will change. One day, my husband will retire and I will have to be the major bread winner for the family. This job will allow me to do that. There are many opportunities, doors and windows that will allow the Lord to continue to bless us. My heart is full, I am blessed, opportunities are opening.
No comments:
Post a Comment